Frequently Asked Questions
When is the Sausalito Art Festival?
The Sausalito Art Festival is held Saturday through Monday of the Labor Day Weekend. The 2014 Festival will take place August 30 through September 1.
Where is the Festival located?
The festival is held in Marinship Park in the heart of Sausalito. For information on parking, public transportation, and directions, click here.
How much to tickets cost?
- General Adults $25
- Seniors (62 and over) $20
- Junior (6 – 12 years) $5
- Children under 6 FREE
- There are no group discounts to the Festival.
Tickets will be available online in July of 2014. Tickets are also sold onsite at the Festival.
Please note that ticket prices for 2014 are subject to change.
What does the ticket price include?
The general admission price for Adults, Seniors and Children, includes a single-day admission into the Festival grounds and all the day’s musical entertainment. Beverages, food, and merchandise are not included in the admission price.
Do you offer In and Out privileges?
In-and-Out privileges are allowed for the duration of the day. You must get a hand stamp at the exit gate in order to re-enter the Festival grounds.
Are pets allowed?
For your safety and the safety of all visitors, no pets are allowed on the Festival grounds, with the exception of service animals.
How do you choose the artists?
Artists are selected each year by a blind jury of artists who have been selected by the participating artists of the previous year. Over 1,000 artists apply to the Festival.
Is photography allowed?
No photography of the artwork is allowed without the permission of the artist.
Do you have wireless capability?
The Festival grounds are equipped with free wireless access.
What do the Blue and Gold Ferry tickets include?
The Blue and Gold Ferry tickets include general admission for one day to the Festival. One-way tickets are available on request.
Is there ADA accessible parking?
The Festival provides two ADA compliant parking lots at the Festival entrance. Please see the parking map for more information.
What merchandise is for sale?
The Festival store has a variety of branded merchandise that can make wonderful gifts or souvenirs. In addition to our main store at the Festival entrance, there are two locations where visitors can purchase the annual commemorative poster.
Can we bring chairs or food?
Chairs, food, or beverages are not allowed into the Festival grounds. Bags may be subject to search at the Front Gate area.
What Festival Policies should I be aware of?
- Smoking is not permitted inside of the festival grounds.
- Bicycles cannot be ridden or walked within the site—please use the free valet parking.
- Riding skateboards or using roller blades or roller shoes on site is prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed on the Festival grounds unless they are registered service animals.
- All bags and packages are subject to search. The Sausalito Art Festival reserves the right to decline admittance to anyone who violates the policies established for public safety.
- No photos or video of artwork without booth attendant’s permission.
- Each ticket is valid for admittance to one day of the festival. Separate tickets must be purchased to attend multiple days.
- Alcoholic beverages are sold within the Festival Grounds. A valid Driver’s License is required to purchase beverages. Beverages include Champagne, wines, beers, and margaritas, as well as cocktails at the lounges. Regulations require that alcoholic beverages purchased at the event remain on-site. Art Festival security will request disposal of beverages prior to exiting the grounds.
What can I expect with regards to security?
For your safety and protection, the Festival provides onsite security. If you need any assistance, or want to report an incident or accident, please locate one of our red-shirted volunteer security.
Please Note: All bags and packages are subject to search. The Sausalito Art Festival reserves the right to decline admittance to anyone who violates the policies established for public safety. Backpacks and large purses and bags will not be permitted. We do not offer bag storage.